hachoir-urwid is a binary file explorer based on Hachoir library to parse the files. Using this tool you can exactly know the meaning of each bit/byte of your files. With direction keys, you can navigate in the field tree. The key ‘h’ will disable ‘human display’ and switch to ‘raw display’. It’s sometime useful when you would like to compare hexadecimal data and Hachoir reprensentation.
hachoir-urwid is the most sexy user interface based on hachoir.parser to explore a binary file.
Command line options¶
--preload=10: Load 10 fields when loading a new field set
--path="/header/bpp": Open the specified path and focus on the field
--parser=PARSERID: Force a parser (and skip parser validation)
- up/down: move up/down
- home: go to parent
- end: go to the last field of a field set
- left/right: horizontal scrolling
- h: most important option :-) switch between human display (default) and raw value
- v / d / s: show or hide field value / description / size
- a: switch between relative (default) and absolute address
- b: switch between address in decimal (default) and hexadecimal
- enter: on a field set, expand/collaspe the children
- space: parse a file/stream contained in the current field
- q: quit
- < / >: previous / next tab
- / -: move separator vertically
- esc or CTRL+W: close current tab
- F1: display help
Command line options: use –help option.
In hachoir-use, use F1 key to get help (keyboard keys).